Thursday, August 26, 2010

My trip to Hong Kong and laos

Because school just began again for me, things have been a bit busy.

Why did i travel to Asia?
The answer is that i traveled to Asia, as a Christian teacher, to teach English to young students. It was a awesome experience. I learned so much about the Father, about humans, and about myself while at Hong Kong and Laos. I definitely grew spiritually because of what I learned in Asia. In Hong Kong, I got to interact with around 120 students; 21 of those students were mine. I spent so much time with the students and my team which allowed opportunities to develop deep relationships. How I miss my team and my students, but I know many of those relationship will be lifelong, thanks to technology.  “Love” was a very big theme this summer. From learning/practicing the love languages of each of my team member, understanding the father’s love for his children, to having countless opportunities to love on students/team members, “Love” played a very big role.


Here is a clip i recorded of my students while they were watching a movie. They are a bit camera shy!

Stayed tuned for pics from my trip.


5 comments:

  1. I'm certain that you enjoyed your trip. I believe there's something priceless about going to a place of a different culture and language, and more than that, finding more about yourself there.

    I can't wait to go on such a trip. Your students so did not want to be on camera, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you enjoyed your trip. I agree with Jaycee. Sometimes we see another side our ourselves in such environment and when we interact with different people of diverse cultures and thinking.

    Can't wait to read about your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet video! They are shy! I admire you for going abroad and achieving what you did. God is so good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your students are so cute! LOL...I look forward to the pics and posts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @jaycee...i really am glad i went, i do recommend going someplace where you don't know anyone and everything is foreign to you. It is quite enlightening.

    @maid of heart....def. i will try to say as much as i can say online, which may not be alot.

    @style mansion...ya, i miss those kids, Yes God is great, and made beautiful children everywhere in the world.

    @myne...thx

    ReplyDelete