Sunday, April 11, 2010

BET's sunday's best show: Lagos, Nigeria

Im not sure how i feel about this show. Well actually, i think the show is nice and it presents Nigeria in a positive light (which is always a good thing) but spiritually? hmmm. Basically, my hope is that the person that is selected to sing "christian" songs has also given their life over to Christ.

Here is the audition show...p.s. i absolutely dislike the Nigerian judge..lol
Let me know what you think?

8 comments:

  1. I don't know if the show will ever depict the true spiritual state of the Country. Anyway, we are in the majority>>> #ThoseWhoDoNotFancyMuyiwatheJudge (lol)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the first time I have heard of this show.
    We get everything later on BET here. I will look it up online. Being of Nigerian descent on my father's side, I have a soft spot this episode! Hee hee. I have actually met the Nigerian judge, as he is a local face around our way. He is quite sweet. Perhaps, it's a case of good cop, bad cop!
    Some of those auditioning remind me of my sisters and brothers in a Nigerian church I visit. They may not be the most melodious sounding singers, but when they get going,the Lord always shows up!
    Thanks Go hard

    ReplyDelete
  3. @style mansion....where you are, are you able to stream this clip without any problems?
    maybe the Nigerian judge is trying to be the mean judge...i mean he didn't even say yes to anyone...
    I do agree, Nigerians like to praise,not being able to carry a tone does not stop anyone.lol

    @Jaycee...agreed...maybe they can give them a questionnaires while in line asking them about their testimony or something..i dunno

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty Good performances, but I don't quite get the judging. Muyiwa was just showing unneccessary roughness, too negative, almost proud and I thot for a second he was trying hard to be Simon Cowell, wasn't impressive at all. On a positive note, I'm proud of my people. Nigerians can sing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi GoHard, I was able to watch the clip over here in London. So, now I will look for more episodes. Thanks for this GoHard, I wouldn't have known about it otherwise! Your blog bears good fruit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @obi...agreed

    @the style mansion..thats good, thx for the encouragement:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i guess there's got to be that "strange" judge on every show of this nature.. this guy took it a notch higher though..

    ReplyDelete